About the Library
Want to pick up some materials curbside? The Library is offering Curbside Pickup starting on Monday, June 1. This service will be offered from 2 - 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Patrons can either place holds via the CLEVNET online catalog or by calling the Library at (419) 433-5009 to have a staff member place holds for you. Pickups are limited to 10 items per library account. Once item holds are available, a staff member will call to set up a time for you to pick up your requests. Please read all of the following directions to ensure that this service is safe for both staff members and patrons.
NOTE: Items not picked up by the end of the day will be put back on the shelf unless you call the reschedule.
- Patrons picking up materials will need to open the trunk and then get back in the vehicle to ensure that there is no contact during the Curbside Pickup. Staff members will not be allowed to bring materials out until the patron is back in the vehicle with the door closed.
- Staff members are unable to take returns at curbside. Please place returns in the outdoor drop boxes.
- Staff members are not allowed to take hold requests at curbside. Please call the Library or place holds through the CLEVNET online catalog.
- Limit of 10 items per library card: books, DVDs, CDs, and audiobooks only.
- Staff members will call patrons when holds are available to pick up. You will be asked to verify your account, specifics about car model and type, and you will be able to select a time for pickup during this call.
- Holds placed will most likely be available for pickup on the next business day, but could take longer if we experience a large amount of requests.
- Item holds are limited to materials at the Huron Public Library, as other CLEVNET library materials are not available at this time.
- If you are unable to make your appointment time, please call the Library and reschedule. Holds will be removed at the end of the day if not picked up.
- The Library is not currently open to the public.
- All fines will be temporarily waived. Because patrons are unable to enter the Library, they will be allowed to borrow items via curbside even if there are outstanding fines on the account.
- If you have any questions, feel free to call the Library anytime between 1 - 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Requesting Materials Online:
- CLICK HERE to open the CLEVNET catalog website in your browser.
- Enter a search term (title, author, etc.), then select “Search.”
- On the left side, under “Library,” select “View All” and then “Huron/Main Library,” then select “Include.” This shows you materials currently available in the Huron Public Library collection.
- Select “Only Show On Shelf Items” on the left side if you want to see what is currently available. Note: Popular materials may have a longer wait, as holds are currently limited to only Huron Public Library items.
- Place items on hold using your library card number and your PIN number.
- Staff members will pull your holds the following business day and then call you to confirm a pickup time and to verify your information.
Requesting Materials by Phone:
- Call the Library at (419) 433-5009 to speak to a staff member. You should have an idea of the materials or genre you would like to place on hold.
- The staff member will confirm your holds and verify your information over the phone.
- Staff members will pull your holds the following business day and then call you once more to confirm a pickup time.
Curbside Pickup Procedure:
- Arrive at the Library during your prearranged time slot.
- Open the trunk of your vehicle and then get back in the vehicle and wait for a staff member to deliver your items. To ensure the safety of both staff members and employees, please stay in your vehicle and do not attempt to hand materials to the staff member.
- A staff member will keep watch for your specified vehicle and then bring your materials out and place items in the trunk.
333 Williams St.
Huron, Ohio 44839