Offering what the New York Times calls “a garden of cinematic delights,” Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie, and classic films. CLICK HERE to check out Kanopy.
- With your library card and personal PIN, patrons have 5 play credits per month, access to 3 Great Courses per month, and unlimited access to Kanopy Kids.
- Kanopy is available on any streaming device, including iOS, Android and Roku devices. You can also watch with Chromecast, Apple TV, and other TV apps.
- After logging in with your library account, patrons will be asked to make an account with an email address. Once you make an account with Kanopy, each time you use Kanopy you will log in with your email address and password that you created.
- For parents: Kanopy gives you the opportunity to create parental controls, so that your children watch the best films and series just for them.
- You will need an Internet connection to watch videos on Kanopy. Films cannot be downloaded to a computer or device; they only stream through the Internet.
What do I need?
- Tablet, smartphone, computer, or TV with streaming capabilities
- Email address and unique password to create your Kanopy account
- Library card number and PIN (only needed one time in the registration process)
- Kanopy app or updated browser software (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc.)
Using Your Play Credits
The number of credits you have will appear at the top left of the screen of whatever device you are using. To use a play credit, you must press play on a video and have the video play for at least five seconds. Once a play credit is logged, you will have a full three days (72 hours) to watch the video as many times as you would like without using another play credit, even if a new month starts and your credits reset. Unused play credits will not roll over into the next month. Film credits reset on the first of the month.
Need more help? CLICK HERE to find Kanopy Assistance.
Kanopy also offers a Kanopy Kids collection with commercial-free films and TV series that inspire, inform, and help children develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem. The Kanopy Kids collection includes animated storybooks, family-friendly movies, and popular titles like Arthur, Babar, Sesame Street, Maya the Bee, and more.
- Your access includes unlimited plays of any video on Kanopy Kids and does not use a monthly film credit.
- Parental Controls are available.
- To access Kanopy Kids Mode, select “Go to Kanopy Kids” from the menu.
- You can still access Kanopy while accessing Kanopy Kids on another device.
Kanopy offeres Great Courses for patrons to learn more about ancient history, literature, mathematics, and 60 other subjects. Courses in the Great Courses library checkout for 30 days. Huron Public Library patrons have access to 3 Great Courses per month.
333 Williams St.
Huron, Ohio 44839