Did you know your local CLEVNET library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks available for free with your library card? You can borrow them instantly using your computer or an app-running device. Libby offers many unique features for digital readers, including:
- user-friendly app navigation
- a unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- tags to track wish lists and favorite reads
- push notifications
- audiobook compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- a variety of settings for reading adaptability (font sizes, background color options, etc.)
- direct in-app support
Download the app to your device or CLICK HERE visit the Libby website in your browser.
Borrowing limits: Your library chooses how many loans and holds you can have at a time. Huron Public Library patrons may borrow up to 20 loans per month. To see your loan and hold limits: Tap , then select Cards + (under "Your Libraries"). Limits are listed on each card. Digital magazines don't count against your borrowing limit.
You can download Libby on:
If you have a Windows computer, Mac computer, or a Chromebook, you can use Libby in your web browser at libbyapp.com. We suggest using the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium).
Libby is from the same company that brought patrons OverDrive digital materials. The services each have the same catalog of materials, but Libby is the newer, more user-friendly version of the app.
- Download ebooks and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space.
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single "shelf."
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
- Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with read-along audio.
- Libby has materials for all ages.
- Send Libby ebooks to a variety of Kindle devices (Libby is not currently available in the Amazon app store, but Kindle Fire users can stream ebooks and audiobooks in their browser from libbyapp.com).
If you need assistance using Libby, please call the Library at (419) 433-5009 or send an email to McKenna, our Emerging Technology Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OverDrive app (an older version of the Libby app) was removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft store February 23, 2022.
- Current OverDrive app users can continue to use the app without disruption.
- New users looking for the OverDrive app will be directed to Libby.
- All users can continue to use, borrow, and open titles from the OverDrive website via a browser.
333 Williams Street
Huron, Ohio 44839