The Huron Public Library is pleased to offer its cardholders access to Lynda.com, a unique digital library of instructional videos. Normally, using Lynda.com requires a paid subscription, but as a Huron Public Library cardholder you can access Lynda.com content from any computer with an Internet connection simply by entering your library card number and a four-digit PIN.
NOTE: Patrons can only access course content through the Huron Public Library login page and not by directly visiting the Lynda.com homepage.
After creating an account, you can watch videos, create playlists, bookmark pages, and obtain Certificates of Completion. Many courses also feature exercise files that you can use to watch the tutorials and follow along.
If you need assistance using Lynda.com or would like to learn more about it, please call the Library at (419) 433-5009 and set up a Book a Librarian appointment or email McKenna Leckrone, our Emerging Technology Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Lynda.com?
Now owned by LinkedIn, Lynda.com has been the leading provider of online learning content for 20 years. Lynda.com has more than 12,000 courses, ranging from computer programming to project management, including instruction on various computer software, programming languages, and business topics. The video courses are taught by industry experts and are designed for any skill level.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Latest versions of popular operating systems such as Windows 10, iOS, Android, Linux
- Coding and markup languages such as C, Java, Python, Ruby, MySQL, HTML, CSS and PHP
- Business, communication, marketing and leadership skills
- Data analysis, cloud computing, server management
- Creative arts including photography, video editing, 3D animation, and more!
Lynda.com also offers more than 50 different learning paths to help users stay ahead in their current job or change careers. Examples of learning paths include how to become a web developer, an IT security specialist, a project manager, or a small business owner.
333 Williams St.
Huron, Ohio 44839