Using the Library
Storybook Character Pumpkin Contest
Submit photo entries by Friday, October 30
For families with children of all ages
The Library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch and we need your help! Families with children of all ages can join and decorate a pumpkin to look like one of their favorite book characters. Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place. This contest is sponsored by the Friends of the Huron Public Library.
How to Participate:
1. Think of a great book and then draw a picture of your pumpkin design based on your favorite character.
2. If you don’t already have the book, check it out from the Library and read it with friends and family!
3. Find a pumpkin of any size.
4. Gather your decorating supplies. Permanent markers or acrylic paints seem to work best, but don’t be afraid to get creative! You can also add materials like yarn, sticks, feathers, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
5. Decorate your pumpkin without carving or cutting.
6. Send a picture of your completed pumpkin to HPL44839@gmail.com by Friday, October 30 to enter.
333 Williams St.
Huron, Ohio 44839